Sunday, August 31, 2008

the wedding

My brother-in-law got married today. I was so excited for the chance to take some pictures at a wedding. They had a family member do the official photos but I was hoping to take a few of my own.

What I realized today is that it is pretty hard to get a good picture when you have a child in your lap, a diaper bag on your shoulder, are assigned to sit in a certain spot and yes did you catch that, I was sitting down for the entire ceremony. These are a few of my favorites.

Waiting to walk down the isle.



Right before it all started, the best men and maid of honor (I am not sure that is what they were officially called for this wedding) did a dance to "The Final Countdown."



Watching his bride approach him...



The bride watching the groom during the ceremony....they are definitely in love.



The kids playing after the ceremony.



I missed other pictures of the hoe-down, dancing, pot-luck, cake cutting and toasting the couple. We left right before the bicycle parade but I was able to snap a couple of shots of the bride & groom bikes. My favorites pictures from the whole evening.




No comments: