Friday, November 7, 2008

hula hoop assignment

My latest assignment was to toss a hula hoop. Using that as a working area, take 5 and only 5 pictures of what is insde the hula hoop. Then stand inside of it and take 5 and only five photos of things (not moving outside of that circle.

Problem #1, I don't have a hula hoop. So, I used my imagination.

This assignment was great! No practice shots and I am not editing any of these...Most of the exposures are way off...

Inside the hula hoop:

#1



#2



#3



#4



#5



Me inside the hula hoop taking pictures of what's around me.

#1



#2



#3


#4


#5 ( I had to beg him to come close enough)

What I learned:
1) I could never be a film photographer. Everything would come out all wrong. Actually, I already knew that. The BW Film photography class I took 10 years ago in college gave me my first clue. Thank goodness for digital!
2) Before clicking away, I need to get in the practice of checking settings and nailing composition. I only need one great or "right" shot not 20 kinda good ones. I should take the time to get it right the first (or second) time.
3) I love taking pictures. Someday I hope I can make money doing it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great pictures, love the colors and I couldn't have done that in my yard it would have only been barkdust or grass.